This entry was posted on Thursday, May 17th, 2012 at 4:56 pm and is filed under Autism Information, Mercury Related. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
When I was a young kid we didn’t know much about the dangers of mercury poisoning. A broken thermometer was just about the coolest thing in the world. You could make the mercury that leaked out do all sorts of “neat” things.
We didn’t know what it was called at the time, but one of the little boys in the neighborhood who had been caught playing with mercury suffered from desquamation. It’s one of the mercury poisoning symptoms in which the skin peels and flakes off the body. His hands looked like snake skin. Thank goodness we have so much more awareness today!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.